Friday, April 3, 2009

Sai baba’s balvikas clas
VAKRA TUNDA MAHA KAYA
SURYA KOTI SAMA PRABHA
NEER VIGNAM KURUMAY DEVA
SARVA KARYA SU SARVADA!!
When I was a kid, I used to go to saibaba’s class. We used to hold satsangs almost twice a week. My tution teacher happened to be a part of this class, and through her only me and my younger brother got to know about this class and we joined it. But later on due to the pressure of studies and other factors I had to leave this class. I was in this class for two to three years or more I guess. I remember being a part of a rally and this rally was held for some good cause which unfortunately I don’t recall. I also remember being with some poor children and talking to them, also taking part in some functions. Something that I really remember clearly is my taking part in a drama and a painting competition and you wont believe what I got second prize in the painting competition. I have a picture of me in a sari while performing my part in the drama. Every day we used to learn new shloks and bhajans.
Sometimes when there was a free period in our school our school caretaker used to sit in the class and talk with us. And every time she used to call me up in front of our big blackboard and tell me to say some prayers and bhajans. I used to love saying the prayers I had learned from my satsangs. But gradually that time faded. Now if you ask me to say some bhajans I would only be able to tell you our gayatri mantra, hanuman chalisa, om jai jagdish hare and a few others.
All I would say is it was a most memorable part of my life. I wish I could still be a part of this balvikas class!!

No comments:

Post a Comment